1.31.2013

March for Life Dinner Boxes


About 50 of my church family members take a trip to Washington DC each January.  No, it's not a pleasure trip, though everyone has a great time on the bus.  They go to join and to participate in the March For Life with other 400,000+ marchers .  
This year marked the 40th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision.  

As my staff and I were packing 50 dinner boxes for the marchers to eat on their way to DC, words from an article I had read written by John Piper kept popping in my head, and I questioned: 

Does being in the womb disqualify person-hood?
Does undeveloped reasoning disqualify person-hood?
Why is it that some fetuses undergo surgeries to be saved and others do not?
How is it that our law protects bald eagle eggs but not human embryos?

It's a strange world, really.  

 Chocolate Peanut Butter Mound Bars tucked in dinner boxes were a huge hit among the marchers on this trip.
Click here for recipe!

It's my honor and privilege to make dinner boxes for the IPC Marchers each year.
Here is the standard March For Life Dinner Box Menu:

Fried Chicken Sandwich with Basil Aioli
Garden Salad with Savannah Mustard Dressing
Fresh Fruit Salad
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Kosher Dill Pickle Spear
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies for Snack


2 comments:

  1. Your lunch boxes are so impressive every year! I am going to try your bar recipe soon. What does Savannah mustard dressing mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like the best dinner boxes, ever.

    ReplyDelete