12.17.2011

Chewy Peppermint Mocha Cookies


During the first two weeks of December, my brain checks out and I go on an "auto-pilot" mode. Two weeks filled with events to cater, my four children's concerts/recitals to attend, class parties, gifts to buy and give, food to cook for my family and my church family.....and oh yeah, I heard there is a thing called Christmas decorating. *CRINGE* I did manage to fish out the Christmas wreath from the attic; still working on the Christmas tree, though....

Now things are slowing down a bit and I can see a small glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel, I can think about these incredibly delicious Chewy Peppermint Mocha Cookies from Eat, Live, and Run, which I made a few weeks ago for our Wednesday Noon Service lunch crowd.  Super easy and super yummy!  


I couldn't resist but to grab several of these Hershey's Kisses Candy Cane at the grocery store.  Aren't they just perfect for Christmas?


In IPC kitchen, we use a large mixing bowl and a hand mixer when making cookies instead of a commercial standing mixer.  We found that it is easier and quicker to mix the baking ingredients this way .  Here, we are mixing the "wet ingredients" together: butter, sugar, eggs, and mint extract.  


Then we measure and sift the "dry ingredients" using a small, hand held strainer.  Make sure the strainer has large mesh opening.


Since we multiplied the cookie recipe by 7, we use gloved hands (open fingers) and gently mix and fold wet and dry ingredients.  This prevents from over mixing the dough, which will cause the cookies to get really tough. Fold until whites of flour is just about gone.  


After baking the cookies for 10 minutes, we quickly pressed the Kisses into the middle, then baked 2 minutes more.


Chewy, minty, and fudgy!  Yep, and I must agree with Adam, Jenna's fiance, whole-heartedly.  These are THE best, fudgiest cookies ever!  Thank you Jenna for another incredibly delicious recipe; this was a huge hit at the church.

Click Here for this recipe!

22 comments:

  1. yum yum yum, It still amazes me the amounts you make,, you are a busy woman,

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable, really makes the cookie festive

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, I'm like you and cringe at the though of decorating for Christmas! Christmas, I love. Decorating, not so much! These cookies look very yummy - a fun twist on the usual peanut blossom variety :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, I promise I will make these! As always, thanks for sharing, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That close up shots are making me to grab food from the screen....so drool worthy

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love those peppermint kisses. these look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmm, yumm-ee! These sound fantastic, and I sure would love to sink my teeth into some of these! Merry Christmas, Kay, and blessings on you and your family as you celebrate the BEST gift ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goody, another cookie recipe to bookmark. Can't wait to try this!
    Hopefully this week will slow down a bit for you and you can enjoy Christmas. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow..they look soo lovely & yummy!!! Glad to find your blog :) Loved your recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look delicious! Going to add them to my list of "to dos" :)
    mickey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those look fantastic! and absolutely perfect for christmas! yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone! My church's big Christmas program and buffet is over and now I can take a breather and have a few weeks off from work. Looking forward to catching up with you all! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yikes--your holiday schedule sounds INSANE. And I remember your comment on my blog about Christmas decorating, so you know that I echo your cringe. =) Hopefully you can find some moments to rest and let some peace seep in.

    ReplyDelete
  14. If you are catering during the holiday season- I know you are one busy church cook.

    These cookies rock! Love it.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - these look SO delicious! How wonderful your blog is! ...and you live in such a beautiful place - I am a fan of Savannah! I've seen these cookies with a sugar cookie base and a red velvet base - but not chocolate. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The candy cane kiss just pops in contrast to the deep chocolate~yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I made a version of these with some coffee in them and they were all peppermint and mocha. The peppermint takes them to such a fun and festive level!

    ReplyDelete
  18. well they couldn't be cuter, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those cookies are so pretty and look absolutely irresistible!

    Merry Christmas and happy new Year!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  20. awww, I love the look of these cookies Kay! So cute! I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love how pretty these cookies are. The deep chocolate with the red and white kiss are so cute together. Looks delish. Merry Christmas to you and Happy New Year too!

    ReplyDelete