5.08.2010

Choir Appreciation Dinner


Independent Presbyterian Church has by far the best choir in town and no, I am not biased. Under the masterful direction of our beloved organist and choir director, Kathryn, dedicated members bless our congregation each Sunday with their gifts of singing. And it was time for the church to say, "Thank You".

Choir Appreciation Dinner Menu:

Poached Salmon with Horseradish-Caper Sauce
Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Mustard Cream
Mashed Potato Casserole
Blanched Asparagus with Basil Viniagrette
Spinach-Arugula Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Barbie's Yeast Rolls
White Chocolate Cheesecake with Berry Coulis


Before every special event, my garden is raided. My herbs and flowers fear me when I approach them with a pair of scissors in my hand and that strange grin on my face.



Beef tenderloin is very affordable to feed a large crowd when you buy them whole and trim it yourself.




This is a great conversation piece at dinner parties. It is relatively easy to make and one 15-pound whole salmon feeds about 50 people.



This is my standard homemade yeast rolls. But to give it a different look, I brushed the top with egg white and sprinkled black and white sesame seeds before baking.


Mr. Ernest, at Merriwicke, did a splendid job with table centerpieces.


Spinach and Arugula tossed with fresh fruit and Poppy Seed Dressing.

Since food is my love language, I hope IPC choir members know how much they are loved and appreciated! Thank you, Kathryn, and IPC Choir!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I was in the choir so I could partake! :) Would love the how-tos on the asparagus!

    ReplyDelete