Double the recipe and make the waffles and cool completely on cookie rack. Saran-Wrap individually, then in a freezer bag and freeze. On a busy morning, toast frozen waffles and VOILA! You have yummy homemade waffles!
Be careful not to overfill the griddles!
Makes 8-10 six inch waffles
2 Cups Unbleached all-purpose flour (10 oz)
2 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar or granulated sugar
2 Tbsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
2 Cups Buttermilk, little more if batter is too thick
2 Eggs, Separated
2 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Preheat a waffle iron.
2. In a large mixing bowl, toss together dry ingredients.
3. In another bowl, stir together buttermilk, egg yolks, and oil.
4. Beat the egg whites in a mixer until stiff in a separate bowl.
5. Stir in buttermilk mixture into dry ingredients quickly until almost blended. DO NOT OVER MIX! Gently fold in the egg whites.
6. Spray waffle iron griddle with Pam. Cook the batter in the prepared waffle iron using a generous 1/3 cup or so for each waffle, cook until crisp and golden brown. About 3 minutes. Serve with your favorite fruit sauce or incredibly expensive real maple syrup :(